Barry Callebaut will be investing around £15.4m ($24m) in its worldwide factory facilities, after signing a new long-term global partnership with Unilever.An announcement by the two companies this morning (23 January) detailed plans for Barry Callebaut to provide 70% of Unilever’s international cocoa and chocolate products, becoming the company’s strategic global supplier and innovation partner. As a result, Barry Callebaut will be doubling its current volume of products.Juergen Steinemann, CEO of Barry Callebaut, said: “We are honoured that we can announce this long-term partnership with Unilever today and be part of their ‘Partner to Win’ strategy. This agreement is based on a successful longstanding collaboration between our two companies. Once again, it confirms that, by living our four strategic pillars – expansion, cost leadership, innovation and sustainable cocoa – we can accomplish and deliver on the requirements of our customers.”The partnership will include a wide-ranging joint business development plan, involving close co-operation across areas of innovation, sustainable sourcing, capacity expansion and value improvement. Barry Callebaut has also been working closely with Unilever to meet its sustainable cocoa sourcing commitments.Kevin Havelock, president of Unilever’s Refreshment Category, said: “Our ice cream category has a significant role to play in Unilever’s sustainable growth model, to deliver our ambition of doubling the size of our business while reducing our environmental impact. Our leadership position has been built on great taste, innovation and increasingly sustainable ingredients. We need partners like Barry Callebaut to help us extend this position and achieve our overall aim.”Both companies have an existing relationship, including the development and launch of Unilever’s Magnum ice cream brand throughout international regions last year.
read also:Torres: Without Messi, Man City still remain the best Torres played for 11 seasons at Atlético (in two different stages) in which he made 351 appearances and scored 121 goals. The former Spain international retired in 2018 after a spell in Japan with Sagan Tosu. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Fernando Torres has officially returned to Atletico Madrid. The former Liverpool and Chelsea striker has joined the academy’s coaching staff. Torres will act as an assistant to Cadete A coach Ricardo Mínguez. He will combine the role with his coaching badges.Advertisement Promoted Content8 Infamous Mistakes That Cost People Billions7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe read more
Rome: Lazio thrashed visiting Cagliari 3-1 in a Serie A contest held at Stadio Olimpico on Saturday, ending a winless skid that lasted five matches in the Italian top league, and seven in all competitions.Serbian midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic got the Eagles on the scoreboard just 12 minutes into the game. Italian defender Francesco Acerbi doubled the scoring for Lazio 11 minutes later to secure the hosts a 2-0 lead by half-time.After the break, Bosnian midfielder Senad Lulic was set up by Italian striker Ciro Immobile for the third goal in the 67th minute.During the stoppage time, Brazilian playmaker Joao Pedro successfully delivered a penalty kick, netting Cagliari’s lone goal.With its eighth win, Lazio provisionally climbed to the fourth spot in the standings, with 28 points. Meanwhile, Cagliari remained in the 13th place with 17 points, pending the remaining match-day 17 duels. IANS Also Read: Sports News read more